Injection molded Delrin product specifications overview:
- Injection molded Delrin part
- Required tolerance ± 0.005″
- Waterproof to 25ft
- Tool-free assembly in the field
- Enclosure is molded in various colors
- Enclosure must not crack when dropped from 5 feet
- Enclosure to be held to a flatness spec of .005″ on the sealing edge
- Jaco designed an automatic stop to ensure over tightening will not cut through the gasket.
A supplier of electronic enclosures to the blasting industry called on Jaco with a demanding application that required the injection molding of Delrin.
This application called for a two-part injection molded Delrin enclosure and a die cut gasket. Specifications include electrical isolation, flexural strength, and most importantly the ability to remain water proof at depths of ten feet or more. During the prototype stages, the customer added an additional specification, which called for the enclosure to be field serviceable without the use of special tools.
Jaco achieved this specification by adding external ribs to the enclosure to ensure strength and to retain a castle nut. This allowed the user to service the enclosure in the field without the need for special tools.
Through prototyping and field-testing, we were able to supply an enclosure that met the customers specifications. This enclosure is currently being injection molded in a two part family mold using Dupont’s Delrin® 100. This component is molded under strict guidelines to ensure part integrity and a waterproof enclosure. To aid in waterproofing, Jaco provides a die cut gasket that makes the seal between the lid and the enclosure.